- 18:30 - Introduction
- 18:35 - Mentor check-in
- 18:45 - Open Breakout Rooms
- 18:45 - 19:05 - Round 1
- 19:05 - 19:25 - Round 2
- 19:25 - 19:45 - Round 3
- 19:45 - Today, I Learned…
You’ll take turns filling three roles at a meetup:
You’ll work together in rounds, each will last 20 minutes and once the time is up, you’ll switch roles.
- Shares their screen
- Presents a challenge
- Codes with help from the Supporter
- Starts by reading and understanding the problem
- Guides towards a solution
- Focuses on asking questions to the leader
- Supports the leader to solve the problem
- Provides feedback to the leader and supporter
- Is quiet during the coding and gives space to the others
- Gives constructive feedback at the end of the round
What to focus on
- Was the person in the supporting role supportive?
- Did the Leader listen well to the Supporter?
- What was missing from the eventual solution?
- What could be done differently next time?
- Supports everyone to work together
- Doesn’t give all the answers
- Can help prompt towards a solution or give hints
- Keeps an eye on time
At the end of the session, we’ll ask each person to share a Today I Learned.
Let everyone know something new you discovered during the session or some knowledge you have to share with the group.